TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated March 2023
These Terms and Conditions (Conditions) set out the basis on which Bunk Hotels hereafter Bunk (as defined below) will provide accommodation and other products and services at its hotels to Customers (as defined below) and Guests (as defined below). By making a Booking (as defined below) the Customer agrees to comply with these Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- “Arrival Date” means the date on which the guests stay at the hotel is due to commence, as per the Booking Details
- “Booking” means the reservation by the Customer of accommodation and any other products and services detailed in the Booking which is accepted by Bunk.
- “Booking Details” means the details of the Booking including the number of Guests, the number of rooms required, the duration of the Guests’ stay at the Hotel and any other products and/or services to be included in the Booking.
- “Charges” means the charges payable by the customer in connection with the Booking.
- “Contract” means the contract between the Customer and Bunk. in relation to the Booking.
- “Customer” means person who makes the Booking.
- “Bunk” means Bunk Hotels Amsterdam B.V. or Bunk Hotels Utrecht B.V. or such other company in the same group of companies as Bunk Hotels Amsterdam B.V. or Bunk Hotels B.V. (that operates the Hotel).
- “Guests” means the Customer and any third parties they invite to the Hotel in connection with the Booking.
- “Hotel” means the hotel owned or operated by Bunk the location of which is specified in the Booking.
Please note that different terms and conditions may apply in relation to all online bookings via wearebunk.com and affiliated websites, depending on the accommodation or rate type selected. Please read carefully the accommodation rate details that are provided before you make your booking. You are advised to check thoroughly the rate details before making your online reservation. This agreement governs bookings made by telephone and online. When requesting bookings, customers will be required to provide identification information including, but not limited to, their name, address, contact telephone number and email address.
No request for a booking should be deemed to be accepted unless and until Bunk confirms its acceptance and provides a booking reference, at which point the contract will come into existence. Any request to change the dates or length of stay or add products and/or services will be subject to availability and the customer paying for such increased length of stay and/or products and/or services at Bunk’s standard rates from time to time.
3. FEES AND PAYMENT
The charges will be as quoted by Bunk to the customer upon the customer’s request for a booking. Unless otherwise agreed by Bunk, the charges only cover the provision of accommodation at the hotel and the customer may incur additional charges including, without limitation, charges for meals, drinks, art, use of shop, late check out (the “Additional Charges”). Customers will be informed of the amount of the additional charges before they are incurred.
Bookings will be subject to the customer: making payment of the charges in full in advance or paying a booking fee and/or deposit; and providing valid Debit or Credit Card details via which payment of the charges or the balance of the charges (as the case may be) and any additional charges can be taken at check in at the hotel or at the time of booking. If not prepaid in full at time of booking the balance of the charges must be paid by the customer immediately on checking in at the hotel. Any additional charges must be paid either as they are incurred or, at Bunk’s option, upon the customer checking out at the hotel.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Bunk accepts the following payment methods:
- Diners Club
- American Express
- V PAY
- Cash (in restaurant only)
We have 2 types of rates; flexible and non-refundable. For the flexible rates cancelling your reservation is OK but you must tell us by 12pm one day before you were booked to arrive unless we specify otherwise when you’re booking. If you cancel your reservation after 12pm, one day before arrival, we’ll charge you 1 night’s room and taxes. Peak periods may have additional cancellation restrictions, but we’ll tell you about those when you book with us. With a non-refundable rate you are not able to change or cancel your stay and thus you will be charged for 100% of the costs.
PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS
Valid credit card details are requested when making a booking in order to guarantee your reservation. A non-refundable rate will be fully charged at time of booking.
- The Customer may cancel the Booking without charge if notice is given to Bunk at least 24 hours prior to 1400 hours (local time) on the Arrival Date. In which case Bunk will refund to the Customer all sums paid by the Customer in advance.
- Where the Customer has been offered a discounted rate on condition that the Booking becomes non-refundable upon cancellation then, provided the Customer has been informed of such Condition, in the event of cancellation of the Booking, all Charges applicable to that Booking remain payable in full.
- Where the Customer fails to give sufficient notice of cancellation as mentioned above or fails to arrive (no show) at the Hotel, the entire Booking will be deemed cancelled and the Customer must pay the Hotel an amount equivalent to the Charges applicable to the first’ night’s stay at the Hotel.
- Bunk may at any time cancel a Booking if the Hotel becomes unavailable due to circumstances outside Bunk’s control in which case Bunk will pay the Customer a full refund of any Charges and any booking fee paid.
- Bunk may at any time cancel the Booking if the payment details provided by the Customer are invalid and the Customer fails to provide alternative valid details.
- To be sure what rules apply to your booking, login to your personal Bunk account.
- Please note: Changes in date or number of nights can lead to different rates and are subject to availability. A booking of 6+ rooms/beds is considered a group booking. For group rates and bookings, contact Bunk directly at Stay@wearebunk.com. Please note: Different terms & conditions and rates apply for group bookings.
5. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
Check-in time at the Hotel booked is from 3pm on the day of arrival. Arriving early? No problem. You can safely store your luggage in one of our spacious lockers. Check-in prior to 3pm may be available subject to prior arrangement with Bunk and subject to the full range of services and facilities at the hotel not being available until the standard check in time.
Regular check-out time at the hotel booked is 11 am. Later check-out times may be possible by prior arrangement with an additional charge and subject to availability. In the absence of such prior arrangement, failure to check-out by 11 am may result in the Customer being charged for an additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable rate. All incidental charges must be settled upon checkout. If you want to stay longer, you can always ask for availability at the hosts.
6. HOTEL RULES
- Valid photo identification in the form of a Driver License or Passport is required at check-in.
- Customers are required to conduct themselves and ensure that their Guests conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at the Hotel and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in Guests being asked to leave the Hotel in which event all Charges and Additional Charges shall become immediately payable by the Guest.
- These are a non-smoking hotels as per Dutch law. You can have a cigarette outside. Please notice that smoking pot is also prohibited in outside public areas. We have to charge a minimum deep-clean fee of €250 if you smoke in your Bunk.
- Because Bunk will be your second home, you will likely bring personal belongings to the public areas. We will do our best to keep an eye on them. The Customer will be responsible for any loss or damage caused at the Hotel by Guests or visitor of the Guest. The Guest may be liable for Bunk’s reasonable cost of repairing, cleaning or replacing any property of Bunk which is damaged, soiled or lost by a Guest.
- A safe is provided in all Bunk Hotels to store personal items. Bunk cannot be held liable for any items taken from the safe. For larger items you can rent one of our larger lockers – also here, Bunk cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of any goods.
- Guests who are under 18 cannot stay in shared hostel (Bunk Pods) accommodation, however they can stay in private Bunk Rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years and using existing bedding. A 50% discount is applied on breakfast for children under 12 years old. Breakfast for children under 4 years of age is free of charge.
- The maximum length of stay in the shared hostel (Bunk Pods) is 12 nights in a row.
- No animals are allowed in the Hotel with the exception of guide dogs. But we do have Robin: The ‘holy’ father of Bunk. Please take care of him when you see him wondering around in the alleys, looking for inspiration for a new concept.
- Bunk does not accept bookings made by those under the age of 16. Under 18’s cannot stay in the Bunk Pods, however they can stay in the Bunk Rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in automatic Cancellation with no refund given
- Bunk cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage as a consequence of the client’s use of the Bunk Rooms or Bunk Pods and public areas, including and without limitation, damages, and losses because of fire, robbery or criminal behaviour.
- Bunk cannot be held liable for death, injury to a person, loss of, or damage to any property of any person staying/visiting Bunk.
- Bunk cannot be held liable for any damages caused by third parties
- The person booking the reservation is responsible for any direct or indirect damage of the Bunk Rooms or Bunk Pods and public areas and loss of any of its contents.
- We expect everyone staying at Bunk to take all reasonable care of Bunk property. Please report any damage, loss or improper cleanliness of your Bunk Room or Bunk Pod, as we want to fix it as soon as possible to make you feel right at home. In addition, this will prevent you from being held responsible for any damage or loss during or after your stay.
- In the case of leaving your Bunk Room or Bunk Pod or any other area on Bunk property with any damage, missing of items or heavy pollution, your credit card provided at check-in or booking can be charged for the associated costs.
- The Customer agrees that Bunk is only supplying its facilities, products and services to the Customer for private use and have no liability to the Customer for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.