Updated May 2018
Bunk Hotels Amsterdam B.V., Bunk Hotels Utrecht B.V. (hereafter called “Bunk”), having its office address at Hagedoornplein 2, 1031BV in Amsterdam (The Netherlands), has prepared this privacy statement (“Statement”) to inform you of the privacy principles that govern its website, which includes bunkhotels.com and other Bunk websites (collectively the “website”), the Bunk app and/or products and services offered by Bunk (the “Services”). While some functionality of the Bunk Services can be accessed without registering for an account, such as browsing and learning more about its different locations, you need an account for additional functionality.
Bunk has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of its customers and visitors to its website, including respecting your concerns about privacy. Bunk understands that you may have questions about how this website collects and uses the information that you provide to Bunk. If, after reviewing this Statement, you have any questions or privacy concerns please contact Bunk at info@WeAreBunk.com.
The Bunk Website and Services are not intended for persons under the age of 18 and Bunk does not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are under the age of 16, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you.
This website does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse it nor request pages from its servers unless you voluntarily and knowingly provided it to Bunk. This means that Bunk will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the website unless you access the website from a link in an email that was sent. If you access the website from an email link from Bunk, they will know who you are based on the information you previously supplied to them.
In addition, when you request a page from the Bunk website, the servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. Bunk collects the HTTP request header information in order to make the website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on it. Bunk also use this information to personalize content presented to you, to better understand how visitors use the website and how to better tune its contents and functionality to meet your needs.
Bunk may collect information that you provide to use the Bunk services, for example when you register, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information when you use the Services. This may include your name, gender, age, country of residence, email address and social media names, credit card details, phone number, and booking preferences.
Other information about your use of the Services not knowingly provided to Bunk, but collected via analytics functionality in the Services may be: general usage information, including recent browser history (as sent by your browser) and IP-addresses.
Bunk does not collect any details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Nor does it collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Bunk requires information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Order processing, including sharing limited information with payment gateway providers.
- Bunk periodically sends promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information that Bunk thinks you may find interesting.
- From time to time, to contact you via e-mail for market research purposes, such as a survey or contest.
- To customize the website according to your preferences.
- To improve products and services in a general manner, using aggregated reporting.
Information is stored for up to 2 years
Bunk has the intention to only send you email communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. Bunk typically uses third party email service providers to send emails. If you choose to, you can use the bunkhotels.com website to opt-in to email communication. To unsubscribe click the Unsubscribe link that is included in each email at anytime. You can also email Bunk at info@WeAreBunk.com and Bunk will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
No permission is needed to take photos or film at the Bunk properties. However, you are requested to seek permission if photographing or filming other guests not part of your group. Verbal consent is solicited as a goodwill gesture.
On occasions, Bunk may commission crews to film or take photographs at the properties for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, you are required to voluntarily leave the filming or photography area.
Bunk has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects. This includes:
- Scanning its website on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to the site as safe as possible.
- Keeping your personal data behind secured networks and only making it accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Transmitting all sensitive/credit card information via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. (All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on its servers.)
In the unlikely event that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, Bunk may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, Bunk will do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent your email address is known, Bunk may notify you by email.
EXPORT OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE EU
Since Bunk operates internationally, it may be necessary to transfer personal data to another company (such as partners and third-party service providers) in a country outside of the country where it was originally collected or outside of your country of residence or nationality. For some of business purposes, Bunk uses cloud-based services. Therefore it may be necessary that your personal data is transferred to servers located countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases Bunk ensures a similar degree of data protection is in place by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Personal data will only be transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. See: European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- For certain service providers, Bunk uses specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. See European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- For providers based in the US, Bunk may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. See: European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
- With your express consent or as otherwise lawfully permitted by the applicable data protection laws.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Some Services are offered to Users in conjunction with affiliates or third-party vendors, and Bunk may share Users’ e-mail addresses and other (limited) personal data of you with third-party vendors that are used for providing the Services to you. They may use this information only to provide Bunk with a specific service and not for any other purpose. They are bound to a privacy obligation with Bunk.
JOBS AT BUNK
Bunk uses tools hosted by third parties on their websites to collect information from individuals that wish to be considered for potential employment. Bunk will not use the information you provide for any purpose other than to allow you to conduct automated job searches or determine your qualifications for potential employment with Bunk IP Hotels. The third-party service providers are prohibited from using the information you provide for any purpose other than collecting it on behalf of Bunk.
The Bunk website uses “cookie” technology. A “cookie” is a small data file that can be placed on your device (computer, smart phone, tablet) when you visit certain Internet sites.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services. The Bunk website requires the use of a cookie throughout the online reservation process. Without cookies, Bunk will not be able to keep information you enter on multiple pages together. For example, unless WeAreBunk.com can remember the dates you used in your hotel search, it will not be able to check room availability. Cookies also enable customization of the website and offerings to your needs and provide you with a better online experience on the website.
In addition, cookies are used to:
- Measure usage of various pages on the Bunk website to help make its information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access and;
- Provide functionality such as online reservations and other functionality that could be of interest and value to you
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Additional third-party cookies are placed when you use the Bunk Services. These are for example to track how long you stay on the site and to determine what region you come from.
- Google Analytics cookies: Only Google Analytics can store and read information with these cookies. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics, you may download a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for your browser by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook cookies: Only Facebook can store and read information with these cookies. See: http://facebook.com/help/cookies
- LinkedIn cookies: Only LinkedIn can store and read information with these cookies. See: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Youtube cookies: Only Youtube can store and read information with these cookies. See https://policies.google.com/privacy
This website is subject to laws of The Netherlands. By submitting your information to Bunk, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Access and control over most personal information on the Services is available through profile editing tools. If you want to know what information Bunk has about you, or if you believe that any information Bunk is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or by email at Info@WeAreBunk.com. Bunk will assess and correct any information found to be incorrect. Provision of such information will be subject to proving your identity and full address with a utility bill and acceptable photo ID.